Hospice Care Services in Roanoke, VA
Companion Home Care Inc of Roanoke, VA
What is Hospice Care?
Hospice care, also called palliative care, is a specialized type of care involving caring for people with life-limiting, incurable illnesses that are approaching the end of their lives. Hospice care usually takes place at home or in a home-like setting, but can also be provided in an assisted living facility, hospice care facility, hospital, or nursing home. Hospice care involves a team-based approach to pain management, medical care, mental health and emotional support that is designed to make the patient and family as comfortable as possible.
We at Companion Home Care believe every person has the right to die pain-free, with dignity, and if possible, at home surrounded by their family and caregivers.
Choosing a hospice care provider is an important decision that will have a lasting impact on the patient as well as the family during this critical time.
Roanoke, VA Hospice Care by Companion Home Care
Companion Home Care has been providing hospice services to Roanoke area residents and their families since 2004. Our skilled home care providers understand the importance of ensuring the comfort of our patients and of helping our patients' families deal with the emotional difficulties that we experience when our loved ones approach the end of their lives.
These are some of the hospice care services we provide for Roanoke, VA area residents:
- Caregivers available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week including holidays to provide peace of mind to the patient and their family
- Make the patient's daily life more enjoyable by engaging in conversation, corresponding with family, reading, games, television, and even social activities and outings when possible
- Specially trained caregivers for patients with Alzheimer's disease and dementia
- Regularly scheduled meetings and communication with family members to keep them updated on progress and state of the patient
- Ensure the patient takes their needed medication and has access to the required medical supplies and equipment
- Assist the patient and family with the emotional, psychological, and spiritual aspect of dying
- Manage the patient's pain level, disease symptoms, and overall comfort
- Respite care so that family members and primary caregivers can take a break from caring for their loved ones
- Assist with dressing, bathing, and personal hygiene
- Prepare meals to the patient's wishes and dietary specifications
- Household chores such as laundry, cleaning, yard maintenance, bill-paying, etc
- Coaching family members on effective hospice care practices
- Special services such as speech and language therapy
- Assistance with advanced care planning and selecting other hospice care team members
- Pet care such as feeding, walks, and veterinary trips
- Communicate with doctors, nurses, and medical professionals to keep them abreast of any changes in the patient's condition
Call (540) 981-2255 or contact us to discuss hospice care for your loved one.
Who is Hospice Care For?
Hospice care is end of life care that is generally used by individuals with a terminal illness, oftentimes with a medical prognosis of 6 months or left to live. Hospice care is geared toward individuals who are transitioning from battling a disease to alleviating its symptoms and ensuring the best quality of life for the hospice care patient.
Building a Hospice Care Team
A Companion Home Care hospice caregiver is only one part of a a larger hospice care team, which usually includes other individuals with very important roles, including hospice care doctors, nurses or nurse practitioners, counselors, social workers, pharmacists, physical and occupational therapists, spiritual advisors, hospice aides, homemakers, volunteers, and of course, family members. With over a decade of experience with Roanoke, VA hospice care, Companion Home Care is happy to assist our patients and their families with building the best hospice care team.
A Better Class of Companion for a Better Quality of Life
At Companion Home Care, our mission is to provide "a better class of Companion for a better quality of life." More specifically, when pertaining to hospice care, we believe quality of life is just as important as length of life. Our caregivers take our commitment to our patients very seriously, and we are honored and humbled to assist patients and families during this difficult time in their lives.
About Companion Home Care Inc
Companion Home Care Inc was founded by Certified Dementia Practitioner (CDP) Michelle Belton of Roanoke, VA in 2004. We provide hospice care, senior home health care, Alzheimer's and dementia care, memory care, care for adults with disabilities, child care, and transportation services in Roanoke, VA and surrounding areas including Blacksburg, Christiansburg, Salem, Vinton, Franklin County, Bedford, Moneta, Smith Mountain Lake, Boone's Mill, Floyd, and other locations. Companion Home Care caregivers are subject to a thorough background check, pre-employment drug screen, and rigorous selection process. Our caregivers are fully insured and carefully trained in senior home care best practices with a special focus on home care for clients with Alzheimer's disease or dementia.
Companion Home Care Inc
424 Campbell Ave SW
Roanoke, VA 24016